For this pattern You will need:
– 1 ball of Yarn & a crochet hook nr 6 (US 10), I use Ribon XL (which I also sell in My Etsy shop) but You can try the pattern also with another yarn, preferably suitable for hook nr 6 (US 10), but if not adjust the hook to the yarn You have, if You have a thinner yarn You can also use it double.
– A stitch marker. (This can also just be a safety pin or a piece of yarn, we just want to know when we finish our round becouse we don’t close our rounds we just keep continuing)
– A big needle with round point to weave in the ends.
-The basket will be (using the ribbon XL and the hook nr 6 (US10)) 12 cm x 12 cm or 4,7 inch x 4,7 inch.
The stitches we use:
– The chain stitch = yarn over, pull true.
– The single crochet (SC) = Go true the stitch, yarn over, pull true, yarn over, pull true 2 loops on the hook. – The slip stitch = Go true the stitch, yarn over, pul true and pull true the loop on the hook.
Now, take a cup of tea, make Yourself comfortable in Your favorite chair and lets start!
1. Make 3 chain stitches and close in a circle with a slip stitch.
2. Make 6 SC in the middle of the circle and mark Your first SC with a stitch marker (or safety pin). (6 st)
3. Make 2 SC in each stitch, replace the stitch marker (12)
4. (Make 1 SC in the first stitch and 2 SC in the next stitch) Replace stitch marker.
Repeat ( ) another 5 times. (18st)
5. (Make 1 SC in the first 2 stitches and 2 SC in the third stitch) Replace the stitch marker.
Repeat ( ) another 5 times. (24st)
6. (Make 1 SC in the first 3 stitches and 2 SC in the 4th stitch) Replace stich marker.
Repeat ( ) another 5 times. (30st)
7. (Make 1 SC in the first 4 stitches and 2 SC in the 5th stitch) Replace stitch marker.
Repeat ( ) another 5 times. (36st)
8. (Make 1 SC in the first 5 stitches and 2 SC in the 6th stitch) Replace the stitch marker.
Repeat ( ) another 5 times. (42st)
9. (Make a SC in each stitch around, replace stitch marker. (42st)) Repeat ( ) another 7 times.
10. Make 10 chain stitches.
11. skip 9 stitches and attach with a SC in the 10th stitch. go around with a SC in each stitch.
(Now we see where the stitch marker is is the beginning of the new round, we don’t need to move him any more.
12. Go another round all around with a SC in each stitch. (42st)
13. Make a slip stitch in each stitch so You get a nice decorative border. (42st)
14. cut of the tread and pull true the loop. Take a big needle with a round point, and stitch in the loose ends.
Make them in all colors and play also with the sizes, You can make them bigger by always adding 1 more SC to the pattern of the bottom of the basket and crocheting a few rows more up. These baskets are really handy for many uses! I have one for My cloth pins, one hanging in My wardrobe for My chunky necklaces, and in one I put some basil and hung it in the kitchen, But also at the entrance or in the bathroom they can do there duty!